Position Details/Job Description:
We are looking for self-motivated, problem solving, team-oriented professionals to join the Synergi Partners team as a Cloud Security Specialist.
A Cloud Security Engineer serves to deliver security assurance for business software & infrastructure for our company as well as our clients. A great candidate for this role is someone who thrives on problem solving, troubleshooting, and strives toward high quality & efficiency in IT security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the subject matter expert for cloud security and tools such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), access control mechanisms, Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Monitor Cloud infrastructure and pro-actively mitigate potential incidents before service degradation occurs.
- Provide guidance to our Engineering teams developing on public cloud platforms, advising on security standards for cloud deployment, and working to identify common patterns for template provisioning.
- Develop and deploy security controls and mechanisms of a cloud infrastructure.
- Conduct assessments of security controls for new and existing cloud systems; create and maintain as-built system documentation, architecture diagrams, and online collaborative documentation.
- Determine security modes of operation and recommend new or revised security measures and countermeasures for current security challenges.
- Take responsibility for establishing security requirements needed to secure services.
- Prepare security standards, guidelines, policies for cloud services.
- Ensure cybersecurity strategy compliance.
- Provide advice in the first line of defense initiatives.
- Assist with audit-related issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of infrastructure technologies: Azure, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, & Performance / Error monitoring.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Utilize network monitoring software to identify security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and configure countermeasures.
- 3+ years of practical experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Experience in cloud delivery, security, and deployment models for Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of security processes and utilization of security tools in Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of cloud security standards and risk analysis methodology, especially with Cloud Security
About Synergi Partners:
For over 20 years, our services have contributed value to a diverse set of client needs across a broad spectrum of markets. Our services were developed based on common values that have enabled their success. We believe people are smart and deserve solutions that improve productivity and profitability, all while making daily tasks more enjoyable and compliant.
We know services are only as valuable as the team that implements and supports them. Therefore, we employ the best and brightest.
- Full Time
- Florence, SC or Remote