Synergi Partners, a tax credit and incentive consulting company, is looking for a Compliance and Audit manager to join the compliance team. The primary responsibilities of the role are to analyze and determine client eligibility and to manage the audit process for various tax credits and incentives.
The successful candidate must have the ability to research and analyze legislation and government orders to interpret and apply to the services provided by Synergi, and to educate clients on these matters as they relate to their companies.
The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team is critical to successfully manage and lead projects while collaborating across the organization with other departments and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze and interpret legislation and government orders for tax credits and incentives.
- Provide guidance and education to internal departments and stakeholders on legislation and updates.
- Write, review, and validate eligibility statements for tax credits for clients of all sizes and across all industries.
- Communicate and collaborate with various internal team members to address eligibility and provide feedback.
- Provide guidance, education, and support to clients related to eligibility for credits and audits.
- Assist clients with responding to Information Document Requests.
- Assist Client Services Team in preparation for and response to audits.
- Ability to create various legal documents for corporate legal requirements.
- JD with minimum one year experience or judicial clerkship and license in good standing.
- Previous experience on a Journal or Moot Court preferred.
- Ability to coordinate across numerous teams and perform in a fast-moving, high-growth environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate with a team.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to drive cross-functional deadlines consistently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively present, educate and persuade others across all levels of an organization.
Remote considered with some travel to Florence, SC office.
About Synergi Partners:
For over 20 years, our services have contributed value to a diverse set of client needs across a broad spectrum of markets. Our services were developed based on common values that have enabled their success. We believe people are smart and deserve solutions that improve productivity and profitability, all while making daily tasks more enjoyable and compliant.
We know services are only as valuable as the team that implements and supports them. Therefore, we employ the best and brightest.