I’m a fixer! Throughout my career, I have learned that I want to help and it’s exciting to me to be able to see the fruits of my labor. With that, I joined the WOTC (work opportunity tax credit) team at Synergi Partners and have been adding value since the moment I walked in the doors. For those of you not familiar you might be asking yourself, what is WOTC? If so, here is a quick rundown:
- The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring individuals from certain targeted groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
- The credit amount for WOTC can be up to $9,600 for each qualified new hire, depending upon the new hires’ WOTC target group. The credit is equal to a percentage of the eligible employee’s wages, and the employee must work at least 120 hours for the employer to receive credit.
- Not everyone is eligible for WOTC. An example of one target group that is eligible for WOTC are individuals or qualifying family members, age 18 to 39, who received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly food stamps) for six consecutive months including the hire date.
In less than a month of being part of the team, I was able to build 40+ processes that enabled website automation that weren’t automated with previous technologies. I’ve also been able to build processes for uploading files and submitting applications individually via bots and even with bots-to-human interactions. I am currently designing our new internal platform that we will use to process your tax credit cases.
There are so many employees who are like me at Synergi Partners. They are technologically adept! They are eager to learn and to try—and being able to see that lightbulb spark when they figure it out brings me such joy. What I work on and built daily is directly affecting the client and knowing that my work is impacting their business is such a great feeling.
With so many people looking to start their next chapter, my advice for them is:
- Dream big and go for it!
- Learn what you can however you can. Always be a sponge.
- There are many pathways to one’s destination – don’t get stuck somewhere you don’t want to be. Your new life can start NOW!