One thing that has always made me excited and humbled to be a part of the WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) industry is the sense that I am making a difference in our community. You might ask “Well, how does WOTC do that?” For me it’s simple. WOTC is a federal tax credit that is available for any and every employer. It gives them the incentive to hire and retain individuals from targeted groups that have seen substantial employment roadblocks when applying for jobs.
I like to think that here at Synergi Partners we indirectly help the unlikely candidates become the candidates through our dedications to ensure no WOTC tax incentive opportunity is missed. Our team here leaves no stone unturned as every IRS 8850 we receive to file on behalf of our clients is a potential WOTC tax credit!
Who qualifies for WOTC or who can our client’s hire in order to take advantage of these work opportunity incentives?
Employers can consider hiring candidates from the following target groups:
- Long-Term Unemployment Recipient
- TANF recipients
- SNAP (food stamp) recipients
- Designated Community Residents (living in an Empowerment Zone or Rural Renewal County)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referrals
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipients
- Summer Youth Employees (living in an Empowerment Zone)
- Long Term TANF – Formerly known as Welfare to Work (WTW)
For more details about each WOTC target groups, please click here.
Synergi Partners is 100% dedicated to maximizing out clients’ opportunities across every tax incentive available to them. Our sole focus is tax credits and we do it like no one else! We have laser-like precision from service to processing so that our clients benefit as well as the communities that they operate in.